Carving runes on the inner sky of an empyeran, trying to make meaning and hoping that those from without understand as well.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Anime and Addendum

So, in addition to fantasy gaming influences from CRPGs, I'm influenced by a long running but currently shallow addiction to anime.

So, I started with Bastard!! It's mailing list just lost its original owner and her webpage was shut down. This is what made me think of this. I'm just getting old, I guess. Bastard!! was a heavy-metal name stealing fantasy anime with flame swords, beholders, efreeti, vampires, dragons and ninja. Other fantasy titles included Chivas 1-2-3 (which I bought sight unseen without realizing who the main voice actor was or what it was about - that is, hundreds of dollars on LDs from Japan without knowing I'd like it), Fortune Quest, Violinist of Hamelin, Escaflowne, Ryu Knight, Master Mosquiton, Maze, and Ninja Scroll.

But! My main obsession besides fantasy anime is bizarre anime. Assemble Insert, Butt Attack Girl Gottoman, Combustible Campus Guardress, Chuuka Ichiban (Chinese Food is #1!), Blame!, Dragon Half, Compiler, Eatman, Hell Teacher Nuube, Memories, Kyoukara Orewa, Kachou Ouji, Serial Experiements Lain, Macross Plus, Perfect Blue, Ping Pong Club, Riding Bean, and Robot Carnival (just the wooden mecha vs. the brick mecha vignette).

In case you missed it, I finished my (cathartic?) gaming history (or at least the stuff I'm willing to divulge now).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Butt Attack Girl Gottoman...wow, what a title.

You lump Macross Plus in with the bizarre? That's bizarre :P

Carlton

2:46 PM, March 22, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I lump it in there. It's mainly about relationships and those relationships were pretty bizarre, in my memory. Especially with the virtual diva.

2:51 PM, March 22, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My omlette? Or something like that, right?

Tomato wa dame!

4:06 PM, March 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home